I love travelling, as you will soon realise if you visit me here on a regular basis. I love airports, hotel rooms, little sachets of shampoo, mini bars…I even love plane meals…yeah weird, huh? But I am also lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of the world. However, Perth is a place that many people know very little about. I can recall showing someone from Canada photos of Perth and they were surprised to learn we actually had high rise buildings! Perth maybe small city, but it’s modern.
So here are 7 fun facts about Perth (and Western Australia).
1) Perth is the most remote City in the world. The nearest city with a population of over 100,000 is Adelaide which is 2,100 km (1,305 miles) away.
2) The longest jetty in the world, at 1.8 kms, is in Busselton, Western Australia.
3) Perth’s most venomous spider, the redback is a relation of the Black Widow spider of North America.
4) Western Australia is the 2nd largest State in the World.
5) Perth has the world’s largest inner-city park. Perched on the top of a hill, Kings Park has some amazing views over the City and the Swan River.
6) Western Australia is HUGE!! Western Australia’s land area is 2.646 million km whereas the land area of Texas is 678,000 km. If Western Australia was a country it would be in the top 10 largest in the world.
7) Perth is Australia’s sunniest capital city.